Thursday, January 17, 2013

Pushing Bipolar Thoughts Aside

One of the many things I've learned when trying to treat bipolar symptoms is that clarity is possible. A lot of the time our heads are filled with nonsense. This nonsense plays tricks on us and ultimately has us spinning in circles. But you can get rid of the bad thoughts, and move on to the contents of life.

My Head Won't Let Me Out of My Head

This is what I'm working on coping with the most at the moment. An NAC supplement that I'm taking is helping me gain more traction than I ever have (read about NAC here). But the bulk of what's helping is crafting a different mindset, and a different approach to life's many varied encounters.

It's incredibly easy for me to fall prey to a one track line of thinking. A line of thinking that I can't escape. I remain in this headspace, and the longer I am here, the worse off mentally I get. Insanity is a good word for it. Doing the same thing over and over, and thinking on the same things, expecting a different result each time. Of course, your hopes are only crushed in the vicious cycle.

So, how do you treat something like this? My bipolar 1 disorder has a firm grip on me, however, I know my way around it from all of the suffering. I know what I should be doing when a particular episode strikes, and I know the things and thought patterns that set me off.

During all of my joyous learning, I've come to accept that I must gravitate towards a strong and positive energy if I want to escape the bad bipolar thoughts. What I'm doing right now, writing, is one of those things that has a strong pull on the mind if you can break past your screaming brain, telling you to remain where you are currently. And that's the key when it comes to shifting your consciousness, you have to suffer through the uncomfortable feelings of transition in order to escape, and feel freed. 

Coping with Unhealthy Thoughts is Difficult Everytime

Everyone has something that they can tap into. You just need to find your own unique positive energy field, if we're talking in the language of hippy. The ones that work for pretty much any bipolar person are socializing and doing something that allows you to express, but your distraction could be anything.

Unfortunately, though the years of suffering, I've also learned that getting yourself out of a bad trip, when it comes to bipolar thought patterns, is quite difficult every time. It's a reminder of why bipolar treatment is so damn difficult. This is a severe and dynamic mental illness that requires one to be standing and ready for a blow to the head at all times.

Personally, I've become more and more callous to it all as time goes on. It's easier to deal with, and it isn't. No, it's still damn hard at times. But all of us bipolar sufferers need to keep on moving and adapting. It's the only way we learn and make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment