Thursday, January 17, 2013

Another Chemical Dependency

My bipolar disorder makes everything cut to bits and pieces. But the show goes on, just as it does for everyone else. I don't like having to take a pharmaceutical cake every night. It keeps me sane but it's damn pricey. I may be sane but I'm hopelessly dependent on my medications when it comes down to it.

Despite the fact that I am a dual diagnosis, if you want to follow the law of psychiatry, I don't need treatment. But you're thinking, "Just another junkie, living the lie", and I do live in lie here and there, but I'm nowhere near the bottom. I've never dabbled beyond that line, but it's only time, they say.

Truth is much more interesting. To be raw. As raw as words can be, anyway. They are silent and loud. It's the only paradox that works, as far as I know. I digress from the rambling. The point here is that this blog will now cover substance abuse treatment/addiction treatment.

No need to worry, your time won't be wasted. But then it might. You'll know very quickly whether or not the piece you are reading is factual or just mere thoughts of mine. I'll let you know. A topic in particular I have interest in is substance abuse/addiction treatment vs. harm reduction. The people are crazy at either side.

Harm reduction for me, for obvious reasons. I'm content with my life and life choices. Now, let me be so I can cop some of that meth I ordered from the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment