Thursday, January 17, 2013

I like writing. I don't like writing.

Writing is something I like, and writing is something I despise. I'm fairly good at it. I'm good at putting my thoughts together, anyway. But there's always a block in the background. I figure it's fear.

They say the only thing to fear is fear itself. Apart from the wretched boogie man, it's true. I think the solution to my problem is right here. It's this blog. It's a fresh start and a place for me to write about anything, without any kind of expectations.

If I eat a sandwich and wish to write about that particular experience, then I'll do it here. From now on, I'm moving past the fear, on to unadulterated expression. It's the only way to be. The roadblocks we set up for ourselves are useless. They only mean something because we give them meaning. You must always take another step. Take just one step everyday for a year, and you'll be somewhere far away from where you started at the end of your journey.

Fear can go die. I intend to make this so. I'll do it with my words, and useless thoughts. They are vicious, like ninja's sword, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment